Tuesday, May 12, 2015

LIKE POTATOES IN A TUB


It’s funny how stories have a way of drifting up into your memory from your childhood when you are meditating and reflecting on a specific word or practice. As you may have figured out by now, the theme for this month is connection and I have been working on being intentional this month about practicing seeing the connections in my life. I hope you have as well.
This morning I found myself thinking about a story my father told me about washing potatoes.  Decades ago, my father served in the Korean War. Amongst many positions in which he served, was that of a translator. He also spent some time working in the kitchen. One of his least favorite tasks was cleaning and peeling potatoes. Often times he would find himself assigned to this task, ordered to do hundreds of potatoes, one at a time. While he became efficient at cleaning potatoes, it was not one he enjoyed doing.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment