Wednesday, August 2, 2017

NATIONAL ICE CREAM SANDWICH DAY

It’s National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! How could I not possibly write about Ice Cream Sandwiches. When I think about them so many memories come to mind. One of them is a conversation with a friend about the flavor of ice cream in an ice cream sandwich. I told her that I thought it really did not matter what flavor ice cream or “sandwich” it was, as long as the flavors went together and it tasted good. She insisted that the ice cream had to be vanilla and the “sandwich” chocolate. As I sit and think about this again, I have come to realize that our views on ice cream sandwiches and our views on spirituality are similar.  
For her, despite the diversity of translations of the Bible, and there are numerous, she will only read the King James Version of the bible. She will only read out of the King James Version.  A few years ago, someone she knew gave her a new Bible. Initially, she was excited. However, then she realized it was not the King James Version, but the NEW King James Version. It was not something she could read. It was not her vanilla ice cream in a chocolate sandwich.
I on the other hand, am not so concerned with where the lessons and inspiration come from, rather being open to receiving them and understanding why they are coming to me at this moment in my life. The recipes I am sharing today are for those of you who are like my friend, those who are a little more like me, and those who are somewhere in between. Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Here are the three Ice Cream Sandwich recipes you can find on my Pampered Chef website
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment