Friday, May 10, 2019

NO MORE MINE

Mine.
It was a word I used
to say this is mine;
to belongs to me.
It was mine because
I bought it,
it was given to me.
I earned it,
or it some other way
came into possession.
It was mine.
I liked mine,
because it made me feel
as if I possessed,
I owned,
I had control, and
I had power.
So what if stopped saying mine
if I started seeing everything
as being borrowed,
as a gift from the Ultimate,
as a blessing which was with me
for a time,
for a season
but not mine.
Legally something may be
mine,
however, if everything I have
is from the Divine,
then it is not mine.
It is a blessing,
a reminder all my needs
are met.
Things may come and go,
they may break,
they may be stolen,
they may be regifted
but they are not mine.
They are things in my life
for a reason and
a season,
but they are not mine.
Removing the word mine
from my vocabulary
changes my perspective.
It recognizes my blessings
changes my connections,
and opens my eyes,
to the presence of God
in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment