Friday, April 10, 2020

PRAYER

Insights come
at the most unexpected of times
like a virtual happy hour
and a friend’s comment about yoga.
Then I realize the world
is like my yoga mat,
not that I am doing yoga these days.
Rather that the world
is my yoga mat,
my prayer beads,
my candle,
my whatever that
inspires me to stop and pray
The world
what I see,
taste,
feel,
smell,
hear,
is my inspiration
to stop and pray.
It is the reminder
of the presence of the one
we call on by so many names
which says in the midst
of everything,
I am here with you
I am listening to your prayers
to the words of your mouth
and the meditations of your heart.
It is the reminder
that no matter where I am
or what I have
or don’t have
I can stop and pray
and spend time with the
one who created me,
transforms me
and loves me
just as I am

No comments:

Post a Comment