Monday, May 23, 2016

THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE





For our Metaphysical and Spirituality Book club I have been reading a book called The community of kindness by Rabbi Harold Kushner, who is author of a book many people have heard of called When Bad Things Happen to Good People.  It is one of those books that is small in size, but large in understanding. While I am not done with the book yet, I have been struck by a very loving and gentle reminder that kindness builds community.
Sometimes kindness is simple. It is about saying I am sorry or thank you or you’re welcome. So let me being this week by seeking kindness as I apologize for not writing last week and not letting you know I would not be writing last week. That was not kind of me and so I am seeking your forgiveness. I was being kind to myself by allowing myself to focus on the piles of grading I had before me, but in doing so I had forgotten to practice kindness with this community and let you know I was taking a week off. I hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment