Wednesday, December 14, 2016

TIME FOR A MICRO LAUGH BREAK



Recently someone asked me why I had chosen to spend an entire month focusing on the spiritual practice of play. Why is it that play is not seen as spiritual? Play is powerful in that it enhances our free spiritedness. It also counter balances predictability and seriousness. One can be spiritual and free spirited at the same time. There are times to be serious, but they are times to be playful and kick back and enjoy life. Laughter and play can actually help people with their spiritual journeys and their ability to learn. Several of the spiritual teachers who I admire have lured me in with their humor.
For example, the Dalai Lama was once asked what he wanted for his birthday. He said nothing. On his birthday, his friends gave him this ornately decorated box. He opened it and smiled and said thank you. You gave me exactly what I wanted. The box was empty. They had given him nothing. That story, was both serious and humorous. It made me laugh and think all at the same time.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment