Tuesday, April 18, 2017

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?



Last week in my personal journal, Stirring my Spiritual Waters, I wrote about The Silent Space  One of the things I wrote about was how I can sit in my dining room and gaze out into the garden and soak in the silence.  Yesterday, as I was sitting in my dining room and gazing out into the garden I realized that I was watching a performance, or perhaps it was a praise and worship service being led by the various inhabitants of our garden. The windows prevented me from physically hearing anything that was really going on in the garden or the sounds which things were actually making, but I could sit, watch, and hear on a different level.
One of the first things I noticed was that I had two wind chimes hanging in one of our trees in the backyard. I had remembered having someone hang one of them for me, but had no memory of this second one. This one was different and sparkled every time the sun shone on it in just the right way, it reflected a rainbow out on to the green blades of grass. Both of them moved with the wind and even though I could not hear the sounds, I could watch the chimes move and in my mind, I could hear these beautiful sounds singing to my soul.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment