Thursday, October 25, 2018

A IS FOR ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOON

It has been a few years since I was part of an A to Z writing challenge. I had the opportunity to do it again. So I thought I would write my way through products and recipes from the Pampered Chef website. As I looked at the site the “A” product that popped out at me was the Adjustable Measuring Spoon Set. Perhaps that is because I use them daily and in all honesty, probably need an additional set of them for our kitchen, as they always seem to be in the dishwasher when I need them.
There are a few things I love about their design. One is that they fit perfectly in every spice container I have. In the past, I have been frustrated by spoons that are unable to fit into some of my spice containers, but these fit perfectly. Maybe this is important to me because unlike my spoons, there have been numerous times and places where I felt like I did not fit in. As I told a friend the other day, it is as if I am a round peg in a square hole, or in this case the spoon that won’t fit in the bottle. What an awesome world it would be if we all felt like we fit in the places and spaces we most needed to be.
We live in a world that is filled with binaries, wet/dry, black/white, male/female, rich/poor, etc. So often we feel like we must fit into one category or the other. So these spoons remind me that it is okay to be a combination of both or be able to fit into both categories. Being biracial I can appreciate not being just one or the other but both. Maybe that is part of what I love about these spoons. I never have to choose what I am putting in them. I can measure wet and dry ingredients with the same spoon.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment