Wednesday, January 30, 2019

O IS FOR ORANGE GINGER TOFU STIR FRY



So before you go ugh Tofu, bear with me. If you honestly are anti-tofu, you can substitute chicken in this recipe, but give tofu a try.  We do not have any products that begin with the letter O, but we do have several recipes. So this week it is all about Orange Ginger Tofu Stir Fry.
One of the things I like about tofu is that it is like a blank canvas. It absorbs whatever flavors you infuse into it. In this case, orange and ginger. Just how they say that we as infants are born as blank slates, we pick up all kinds of things throughout life by the environments we grow up in and the people we grow up with. I would argue we and tofu are not completely blank slates as tofu has its own textures (silken, soft, medium, firm, extra firm), people are also born with some innate personalities (some babies just seem to be born happy).
A friend of mine suggested I pick another O recipe, thinking that I might turn some people off with a vegan recipe. Perhaps, but where we would be in this world, if we were not exposed to new flavors, foods, preparation ideas. I am eating a vegan diet, but that does not mean, at least for me, that I cannot discuss or even prepare meat products for my friends. It is about meeting people and honoring who they are and where they are in their journeys.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment