Friday, January 4, 2019

SACRAMENT

Sacraments, they said, were an
outward and visible sign
of inward and spiritual grace.
they were a manifestation
of God’s love.
This was a sacrament.
But then I was making a sandwich
and I realized this too was a
sacrament.
it is physical and filled with God’s love.
When others prepare a meal for me
it is a sacrament,
God’s love is in their offering.
it is an outword sign of
my Higher Power’s promise
to never forsake me.
So the feast,
which is prepared with love
is a sacrament.
When I gather with friends tomorrow
the soup and sandwiches I prepare
with love
will be a sacrament of
the Divine’s love for each of us.
We will be partaking
of the sacrament
and of God’s grace.
Cooking for me will now
never be the same.
everything I make with love,
will remind me
I am doing more than breaking bread,
or sharing a meal,
I am experiencing and
sharing God’s love

No comments:

Post a Comment