Friday, April 5, 2019

SPIRITUAL BUMPS

Sometimes we hit a
spiritual bump in our life.
That thing that jars us
and makes us think.
The moment that we come
off of autocruise and
call on our spiritual practices
to do more then get through it,
but to understand the meaning
to the spiritual bump.
This morning I woke up in tears,
grieving losses
which happened years ago.
It was through prayer and processing,
which I came to realize I had not
taken the time to grieve.
The message which triggered this
was not about me
but what was about me
was the grief it triggered.
The grief over my isolation.
The grief over the loss of
who I thought were friends.
The grief over things I thought I had grieved,
only to discover I had not.
Sometimes we need those spiritual bumps
to come to us in our dreams,
in our lives, and
in our visions
to give us deeper meaning
into our lives
and the purpose behind them

No comments:

Post a Comment