Friday, June 28, 2019

I AM

I teach about injustice.
I teach about inequality.
I teach about oppression.
I teach about injustice.
I teach about my role
as an activist,
but I also teach about
how I contribute to the
system of inequality.
It is one thing for me to
speak out and do what I can
to fight,
to resist,
to dismantle,
to make this a better world.
However, I must also speak about
how I am part of the system,
passively or actively,
which contributes to the oppression.
I am
a resisister,
and I am
guilty.
I am
part of the problem and
I am
part of the solution.
I am
created by the great
I am
and in the image of
I am
I work to bring about change,
but I am
also part of the problem
I seek to change.
I am
created
by I am
to do the work of
I am
with all of who
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment