Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I GET BY

I  say this
and I start singing
I don’t want to get high
with a little help from my friends,
but I want to remember I get by
with a little help from my friends.
This reminds me that the same is true
for my friends.
They get by
because I offer some help.
We are there to help each other through,
to help lighten each other’s burdens,
to lighten the burdens of the world.
if we each did what we could to
lighten the burdens of the world
and others, then
we would all get by a little easier.
What if we all tried to be there
for each other
and for the world.
What if we did what we could to
help each other through the rough times.
What if we did what we could to help each other
get by.
How much better would the world be if we
did for each other and
did not just think of ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment