Friday, May 29, 2020

GIVING THANKS

As a child I would get a toy
and it would be the focus
of all my attention
until it was no longer new and
then I began paying it little attention
Life is like that as well.
We have so many things
we forget to give thanks for
because they are no longer new
sparkling, and the focus
of our attention
Then something happens and
we begin to give thanks for that
which we once took for granted
like sitting next to someone
and holding their hand.
or breathing,
traveling,
walking,
visiting and
living our lives
May we give thanks for
the times which remind us
that these are gifts
not to be taken for granted,
because someone,
somewhere
cannot just do them
for a moment,
they cannot do them at all
I give thanks
for what I am mindful of
and that which I am not.
May the universe continue
to remind me of that which
I have, like an old toy,
forgotten and taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment