Thursday, November 15, 2018

D IS FOR DEEP COVERED BAKER



I had to write about the Deep Covered Baker this week. Some of us call it The Magic Pot because what happens inside the baker when it is covered is magic. It does things like allow you to microwave a pork tenderloin in 10 minutes or a whole chicken in 30 minutes. There are entire lists of one pot meals you can make in it in 30 minutes or less and you can use it in your oven and microwave.
Because of something that happened in my life today, the Deep Covered Baker has taken on new meaning for me. It has become a symbol for me of what happens when I draw on my faith in my Higher Power. It is like magic happens. For example, how today when I was in need of an epipen, I learned there is a nationwide shortage. No pharmacy around me had one. I was going to have to delay starting a new medication. The tonight in the magic of my faith pot, the doorbell rang and a pharmacy I have never heard of nor am connected to bought me an epipen in a brown paper bag.  We do not always have to understand the magic which happens in our Deep Covered Baker, we just have to appreciate the magic
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment