Monday, November 26, 2018

PAPER TABERNACLES


It was decades ago
when she left three little pieces of paper
on my treadmill that said
I
Love
You
They still are with me
in my drawer.
They are sacred, holy and
a paper tabernacle
holding the gift of love
from the one who loves me
unconditionally
Her notes are not alone.
They are accompanied
by sacred notes from others
images,
gifts of sacred love from others
Through writing we can express
our intimacy,
our friendship,
our love,
what others mean to us.
Our letters have the potential
to become someone’s
paper tabernacle

A holy space
where the sacred gift of love is stored
where one keeps reminders of what one means,
the friendship we share,
the intimate moments,
which bond us together.
They are more than just pieces of paper.
They are sacred and holy.
They are paper tabernacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment